Fuzzy search
New search

To get more search results, you can search for abbreviations which are used in the APW (e.g. "Frk." for "Frankreich", France, or "RT" for "Reichstag", the Imperial Diet) in addition to your full search terms. You can choose to view these results alone by filtering by "Abbreviations". You can also use "?" and "*" to replace one or more characters in a search term. However, certain people or place names might have variants which will not even be returned by a fuzzy string search (e.g. "Transmanstorf" for "Trauttmansdorff"). These variants can be found in the concise biographies (Biograms), on the interactive map, or in their respective entries in the APW indexes.